Creelman Named Ginner of the Year
California ginner, Stan Creelman, wins the National Cotton Ginner of the Year.
May 1, 2012
Stan Creelman, a Tulare, CA, ginner, was named the 2011 Horace Hayden National Cotton Ginner of the Year.
The award is presented annually to a ginner in recognition of able, efficient and faithful service to the ginning industry and continuing of those principles exemplified and practiced by Horace Hayden, a former NCGA executive secretary.
Also recognized at the NCGA meeting was Joe Thomas, vice president, Technology for Lummus Corporation. He received NCGA’s Distinguished
Service Award – and honor reserved for those individuals who have provided a career of distinguished service to the U.S. ginning industry.
The Association also elected its 2012 officers:
- First vice president - Richard Kelley, Burlison, TN
- Second vice president - Dwayne Alford, Yuma, AZ
- Third vice president – Levin Lynch, Bennettsville, SC
- Chairman - Kent Fountain, Surrency, GA
- NCGA executive vice president - Harrison Ashley, Memphis, TN