The ITMF Annual Conference 2013 will be held in Bregenz, Austria from September 8-10, 2013. The theme of the conference, “Rebalancing the Power between Manufacturing and Retail,” was chosen to shed light on the changing relationship between producers and retailers following the difficult business environment the global textile supply chain has been facing. The conference will take a closer look at the role of e-commerce and social media in today’s business models.
Volatile raw material markets, sovereign debt crises, currency disputes, political instability in some countries/regions, an unfinished Doha-Trade-Round, looming protectionism, growing world population, demographic changes, and climate change, are just a few of the short- and long-term challenges that have far reaching implications for the global textile value chain.
More than 20 high level experts from around the world will cover relevant aspects from fiber to retail.
Among others the following topics will be discussed during the conference:
- Metrics for Sustainability in Cotton Production
- DNA Analytical Test Systems for Cotton
- Regional Markets for Manufactured Fibers: Overview and Outlook
- Viscose Fibers – Areas of Applications
- Europe’s Textile Industry – How to Remain Competitive
- How E-Commerce and Social Media Influence the Textile Supply Chain
- The Global Textile Supply Chain – Constant Change
- Retail’s Perspective on the Textile Supply Chain
- China’s Textile Industry – Today and Tomorrow
- The Global Textile Machinery Market Situation
- Development Potentials for Technical Textiles
- New Paradigms in Textile Product Development and Production
More information about the upcoming ITMF Annual Conference 2013 in Bregenz can be found on the ITMF website at www.itmf.org.
For any further question, please contact email@example.com.