PHYTOGEN® COTTONSEED KOTTON KIDZ CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Cotton Grower magazine and PhytoGen® Cottonseed Kotton Kidz Contest (“Contest”) begins on 12/1/13 at 12:00:00 PM (CT) and ends on 12/11/14 at 11:59:59 AM (CT) (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period consists of a Monthly entry and voting phase that begins on 12/1/13 at 12:00:00 PM (CT) and ends on 11/30/14 at 11:59:59 PM (CT) (the “Monthly Submission and Voting Phase”); and a Grand Prize finalist judging phase that begins on 12/6/14 at 12:00:00 PM (CT) and ends on 12/11/14 at 11:59:59 PM (CT) (the “Grand Prize Finalist Judging Phase”). During the Submission Phase, eligible individuals may make Submissions as defined in rule # 2. Eligible Monthly Submissions will be printed in Cotton Grower magazine and then publicly voted to determine the Monthly Finalists for the respective Monthly Submission and Voting Phase. Not all submissions will appear in Cotton Grower magazine, but all eligible Monthly Submissions will appear on the Website for public voting. For each Monthly Submission and Voting Phase, entrants will provide their best “Kotton Kidz” photo. The Grand Prize Finalists will be determined by public voting of the Monthly Submissions; and the Grand Prize winner will be determined by a qualified judging panel comprised of representatives of Cotton Grower magazine/Meister Media Worldwide (“MMW”), Dow AgroSciences/PhytoGen (“Sponsor”) and their designees from the Grand Prize Finalists’ submissions. The details of entry Submission, voting, judging and winner selection are described in further detail below.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, mail photo to Kotton Kidz Photo Contest, 8000 Centerview Parkway., Suite 114, Cordova, TN 38018 or go to www.kottonkidz.com (“Website”) and follow the directions to complete the online registration for the Contest. Registration and entry in the Contest is free. Once you have registered at the Website, follow the online instructions to submit your entry to upload one (1) digital photo conveying your best “Kotton Kidz”. Photos should be no larger than three (3) MB, must be taken with a 72 dpi (or better) digital camera set to “best” image quality and pictures must be at least 500 x 360 pixels in size, and must be uploaded in one of the following formats: .jpeg, and .png. Photo submission may depict individuals other than the entrant in their photo, but the entrant must have the permission of the other individuals depicted in the photo and no names may be mentioned. If the individual(s) depicted in the photo is a minor, then the entrant must be the parent or legal guardian of the minor; or must have permission of the minor’s parent or legal guardian to depict them in the entry. Follow the instructions at the Website to complete the upload of your photo and submit your entry. If for any reason during the judging process a submission is not compliant with these Official Rules as solely determined by Sponsor and/or MMW, the submission will be disqualified from the Contest.The Monthly Submission and Voting periods will be offered as follows:
Monthly Submission and Voting
12/1/13 – 12/31/13
1/1/14 – 1/31/14
2/1/14 – 2/28/14
3/1/14 – 3/31/14
4/1/14 – 4/30/14
5/1/14 – 5/31/14
6/1/14 – 6/30/14
7/1/14 – 7/31/14
8/1/14 – 8/31/14
9/1/14 – 9/30/14
10/1/14 – 10/31/14
11/1/14 – 11/30/14
Monthly Submissions received for their respective entry periods will be posted as they are received for their respective Monthly Submission and Voting periods after being prescreen for compliance with submission guidelines. Monthly Finalists will be selected for each submission period as determined by public voting – non-winning submissions will not roll over into any remaining submission periods.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, provided that person meets all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrants may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses, nor may entrants use any device to enter as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses or under multiple identities will be disqualified from participation in the Contest and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void.
All entries must be the original work of the entrant, never been previously published, must not infringe on any third party rights, and may not include content which is offensive, violent or suggest violence, derogatory, sexually suggestive, obscene, defamatory, explicit language or imagery or is otherwise inappropriate for publication in general circulation, or depicts the Sponsor or MMW and/or any of their products in a manner which is not consistent with its positive image and/or their approval trademark use. No other manufacturers’ products are permitted in any submission. No copyrighted music, trademarks, brands, or other intellectual property not owned by entrant may be used in the entry. By entering the Contest, the entrant gives Sponsor and MMW the right to use, edit, or publish the entry without further compensation and winner assigns all rights, title and interest in the submission to the Sponsor, and, if required, will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright and rights of publicity. Submission of an entry further constitutes the entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any all rights, title and interest in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights and rights of publicity. Winner may have to certify in writing that his/her entry was original and produced by the entrant and no other person or entity holds rights to entry. All entry materials become the property of MMW and will not be returned. Sponsor and MMW are not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or phone number of entrants. No automated entry devices, bots and/or other programs and/or software are permitted for entry. MMW and Sponsor are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entries are eligible.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, MMW, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion and other agencies (“Released Parties”) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate.
- FINALIST SELECTION AND GRAND PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: Finalist Selection – All Monthly Submissions will be judged by public voting. The entry that receives the most votes during each respective Monthly Submission and Voting Phase will be the Monthly Finalist. Finalists will be notified by email, phone and/or mail at Sponsor’s discretion. Limit ten (10) votes per person, per month. In the event of a tie at the Monthly Submission level, the Finalist will be determined by the judging panel designated by Sponsor using the Grand Prize Judging criteria. Grand Prize Finalist Judging Phase – All Monthly Finalists’ submissions will be judged in order to determine the Grand Prize winner on or about 12/6/14 – 12/11/14 by a qualified judging panel, whose decisions are final and binding, based on the following judging criteria: originality and creativity of the photo (50%), use of cotton in the photo (25%); and overall mass appeal of photo (25%). The Finalist with highest overall score from the judging panel will be the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie at the Grand Prize Finalist Judging phase, the winner will be the entry with the highest score in the “originality and creativity” category. Grand Prize winner will be notified by email, phone and/or mail at Sponsor’s discretion.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARV): One (1) Grand Prize — A Radio Flyer® wood-and-steel wagon (ARV $250), plus $500 cash. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. In addition, the winner’s local FFA Chapter will receive $1,000 (to be awarded in the form of a check).
- GENERAL: Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where permitted by law, Publicity Release within ten (10) days after first notification attempt. If prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected provided there is sufficient time remaining prior to event to award the prize. No correspondence will be acknowledged. No substitutions or transfer of prize permitted. Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. The Released Parties will not have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in the Contest or any prize-related activities. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Contest.
- INTERNET: Entries and Voting are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the MMW, not at the time of transmission by the entrant or voter. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected or illegible entries or votes nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by MMW on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of MMW or Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select the Grand Prize winner using the judging criteria as stated herein from among all eligible entries received up to the point of Sponsor’s action provided there are a sufficient number of eligible entries have been received. Caution: Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent of the law.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: For information about how Sponsor and MMW use your personal information, please see the privacy policies, located at www.dowagro.com/company/privacy.asp, and www.meistermedia.com/policies/privacy
- WINNER’S LIST: For name of winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 1/31/15to: Cotton Grower and PhytoGen® Cottonseed Kotton Kidz Contest, Attn: Winner’s List, Kotton Kidz Photo Contest, 8000 Centerview Parkway., Suite 114, Cordova, TN 38018. Winner’s list to be available after 12/31/14.
- SPONSOR: Dow AgroSciences, 9330 Zionsville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268.
®PhytoGen is a trademark of PhytoGen Seed Company, LLC. PhytoGen Seed Company is a joint venture between Mycogen Corporation, an affiliate of Dow AgroSciences LLC, and the J.G. Boswell Company.